Scantec is environmentally responsible
At Scantec we prefer to use natural as opposed to manufactured refrigerants as they are not only good for the environment, but they are also good for your businesses bottom line. Collectively Scantec has more than 150 years experience in providing alternative refrigeration and air conditioning solutions employing natural or low GWP refrigerants.
Natural refrigerants are great not only for large scale industrial refrigeration systems but also for many small to medium size plants. Natural refrigerants have a number of key benefits such as:
- will ensure minimization of your energy costs
- do not damage the environment
- are future proof and do not attract any environmental levies
- are cheap and readily available
- are technically excellent in vapour compression cycles as a result of favourable thermophysical and transport properties
We are able to assist you either with the conversion of existing hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) based systems to natural refrigerants or we are able to use our considerable experience to offer natural refrigerant based solutions to most of your new refrigeration and air conditioning needs. There are only five natural refrigerants. These are ammonia (NH3), carbon dioxide (CO2), hydrocarbons, slurry ice and water.